The 2023 Carnival event will be offered both in-person and virtually through private music studios, in which individual teachers will give their own students the WSMTA Music Literacy Program exams.
Test papers, Test questions, and information about administering the tests will become available at testing time via this password-protected page .
Only teachers who register their students for 2023 will be given password access to this page.
Testing must be concluded by (TBA).
Registration is generally open from March 1 – 15.
Info marked with ♦ is not needed for 2023 in-studio exams.
REGISTRATION FORM: KMTA Carnival and WSMTA Music Literacy Program
♦ Submit Scale Keys: Students registered for Technique (not needed for in-studio exams)
♦ Forward this Parent Permission Slip and Liability Release Forms link to all your participating families after registration has closed. (not needed for in-studio exams)
♦ Any parents or students (13+) that would like to volunteer at the carnival can sign up here!
There is a teacher fee of $40.00 which is waived for teachers that meet either of the following:
- WSMTA/KMTA member teachers (become a KMTA/WSMTA/MTNA member –dues reduced by 50% at this time of year!), or
- Teachers who are not members but are willing to help the day of the Carnival
Please go to the Music Literacy Program page for details on how to prepare your students and determine levels.
- parent information letter detailing the Carnival and Music Literacy Program (formerly “Musicianship Exams”).
- The carnival personnel/assignment list is in our Members Only section.
- Options for Posters: “KMTA Ribbon Festival” or “KMTA Music Carnival.” Pick whichever one you would like to use to identify this event in your studio.
Color versions only, but you can print on a black-and-white printer.
- Contact any of the following with questions: